In today’s world, high-speed internet has become a necessity for most households and businesses. However, not all internet service providers (ISP) are created equal, and it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. If you’re looking to switch ISPs, here are some key considerations to keep in mind.
The speed (Mbps) of your internet connection is one of the most critical factors to consider. A high-speed internet connection is essential for activities like streaming, gaming, and working from home. Make sure to choose an ISP that can provide the speed you need for your specific requirements.
Some ISPs limit the amount of data you can use each month. This is known as a “data cap.” If you’re a heavy user of the internet, a data cap could be a major issue. Make sure to choose an ISP that offers uncapped/unlimited data usage or a data cap that is high enough to accommodate your needs. All Faircom’s Fibre packages are uncapped and unthrottled!
You want your internet to be fast, but you also want it to be reliable. A reliable internet connection ensures that you can always stay connected and be productive. Before choosing an ISP, make sure to research their track record for uptime and reliability. Faircom has a Google rating of 4.2 Stars.
The cost of internet service is an important consideration, but it’s not always the most important. Make sure to compare the cost of different ISPs and their packages, taking into account both the upfront cost and the monthly cost. Faircom offers Fibre packages from R329* per month – coverage and T&Cs apply.
Customer Service & Technical Support
A good customer service & technical support team can help you troubleshoot any issues you might encounter with your internet connection. When choosing an ISP, look for one with a reputation for excellent customer service and support.
A Faircom customer review:
The Fine Print
Some ISPs require a long-term contract, while others offer month-to-month services. Make sure to consider the contract terms of each ISP before making your decision.
By keeping these key considerations in mind, you can ensure that you choose an internet service provider that meets your needs and provides you with the high-speed, reliable internet connection you require.
To switch between internet service providers, consider the following steps:
- Research different options: Compare plans, speeds, and prices from various internet service providers to determine which one is best for you.
- Check for availability: Ensure that the new provider offers service in your area and determine if there are any installation or activation fees.
- Contact your current provider: If you are under contract, you may need to pay an early termination fee to switch providers. If not, simply cancel your current service.
- Order new service: Contact your new provider and follow their instructions for ordering and setting up your new internet service.
- Schedule installation: Set up a time for the new provider to install your new service.
- Switch over: On the day of installation, the new provider will switch over your service. Make sure to keep your old provider informed of the switch to ensure a seamless transition.
Test your new connection: After the installation is complete, test your new internet connection to make sure it is working properly.